You'll work with other volunteers to turn our activities into news posts for the blog and crosspost this content to other other social media channels. You'll communicate with followers on our behalf about any questions, comments or concerns they might have. We'd also like you to discover news and other content which is relevant to alterhuman people that Alt+H can boost or report on.
- Can write clearly and effectively in both longform and short articles
- Can follow our manual of style to ensure a consistent voice for Alt+H
- Able to leverage the specific features and culture of a social media platform to most effectively convey a message there
- Able to search for and identify relevant information in a timely manner
Note: We're considering multiple people for this role; if you feel like being responsible for just one of our social media channels, feel free to specify in the application.
You'll maintain our excellent discussion spaces by enforcing the rules and being a good example of the kind of behaviour we expect. You'll also communicate with users to understand their wants and needs and how to improve their experience.
- Compassionate, able to use your judgement to prioritize user wellbeing over enforcing rules to the letter
- Able to respond quickly to incidents and make appropriate decisions in a time-sensitive context
You can apply to moderate either the Discord server or the forum (we're looking for more of the latter right now). Please also note that to cover our bases we're especially interested in applications from timezones outside of GMT, PST and EST.
You'll carry out a broad range of tasks based on the needs of the projects you choose to work on including but not limited to:
- research and data collection
- networking and organizing
- taking and maintaining notes and logs
- technical writing
- General competency with office suite software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc)
- Able to prioritize and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
You'll write an article touching on a community issue for one of our monthly article spots. This is a one-off job, not a permanent position.
You just need to be able to write a compelling piece within a 2-3 week timeframe!
Please be aware that our monthly article is voted on by our Patrons, and your submission may not be picked in the same month that you submit it.
You'll translate site articles and resources on an as-needed basic, as well as acting as a liason for correspondence between Alt+H and non-English-speaking parties.
- Able to read and write in a non-English language
- Able to retain appropriate feeling, tone and style in translations
We're accepting applications for all languages, but are particularly looking for Spanish, French, German, Welsh, and Polish. If you're active in any non-English-speaking alterhuman or related communities, that's a big bonus too!