Regardless of what role you're applying for, we expect all of our volunteers to be:
- Proactive - Alt+H has a flat structure and you won't report to anyone unless you're part of a project group, so you'll need to take the initiative to get stuff done.
- Unselfish - nobody at Alt+H is financially compensated for their work. Volunteers need to remain conscious of this and put the benefit of the alterhuman communities first in everything they do.
- People-Oriented - working with Alt+H, as with all activism, involves making genuine connections with other people. Not every job will require talking to members of the public, but you will have to communicate and solve problems with your fellow volunteers.
- Professional - Alt+H tackles large-scale, real-world problems. We expect you to take yourself, the organization, and alterhuman activism as a whole seriously, and leave whatever intra-community discourse exists on your favourite social media site at the door.
- Committed - We take on volunteers under the assumption that they’ll be with us for the foreseeable future. But, life stuff happens, so if you think you’ll be staying with us for less than forever, please be clear about how long-term your vision is. We also expect you to be in contact with the rest of the team and communicate with us regularly.