2019 and the state of things
We haven’t given you an update in a while, so let’s check in on what Alt+H is up to and what we’re planning for the near future.
Incorporation: the nitty gritty
Rather than incorporating as a charitable organization, we’ve decided that it’s currently more practical to establish ourselves as a Private Company Limited by Guarantee. This is because the Scottish Charity Regulator is apparently notoriously picky about what counts as ‘charitable cause’ and will reject a lot of applications on this ground. With something as ‘out there’ as alterhumanity, you can understand why we don’t fancy our chances right now.
Don’t worry, LBGs are still non-profit entities: all money Alt+H gets will be used to further the organization’s cause and not enrich its staff in any way. Practically speaking, this probably won’t affect you as an end user very much, but we think it’s important to be transparent about these things.
Incorporating as a private company is a much simpler process, and we’d be pretty much good to go on that if it weren’t for a little thing called Brexit. Since the UK is kind of… unstable right now, we’re biding our time till we have a clearer picture of the country’s economic future.
We’re workin’ on it!
AH and MH: post-project stuff
While the Alterhumanity and Mental Health pamphlet is complete, we’re not quite done with the project yet. We still want to write:
- a companion post instructing people how to use the pamphlet, including how to find an alterhuman-friendly therapist in the first place.
- a post-mortem on how the project went, what we’ve learned, and what we can carry forward into future projects.
- plus, we’ve got a couple of formatting tweaks we want to make to it!
Other future projects
We have a couple ideas for things we want to tackle next. Things we’ve batted around the staffroom include:
- a zine on aspects of various alterhuman experiences
- a campaign for radical self-acceptance among alterhumans
- surveys - we’ve looked at researching general demographics, the prevelance of species dysphoria, or experiences of alterhuman discrimination
- a pamphlet similar to the MH one for disclosing your alterhumanity to friends or relatives
- a service where we’ll print and send glossy, high quality versions of our pamphlets to you!
Let us know what you think it’d be most worth putting our effort towards - especially if your idea isn’t mentioned here!
Posted 2019-03-28 21:31:44 GMT